Thursday, November 17, 2011

my country tis of thee.

In October, the university students have a whole week off of school for National Day! Though we still worked during that week, we did have a few days to play! 


We decided to go to a really beautiful part of our province about 2 hours away...it is a valley where you can hike and see beautiful scenery, including waterfalls! Lauren and I had been there before in the Summer of 2009 and loved it!


Kelsey and me


 me, Kelsey, Harrison, and Lauren



For the weekend, we headed to our favorite nearby city. I've mentioned it before in this post.



Of course, one of our first stops was IKEA! And lucky for us, we witnessed this little one literally making herself at home!


We ate lunch at the Sultan Turkish Restaurant! We sat on the floor and everything! Love it.


We visited an "ancient" part of the city -- circa 2004.


We ate pizza DELIVERED to one of our friend's house!! I can't express how BIG of a deal this was! Food. delivered. to your house. What a concept!




And we ended our weekend at the newest music district in the city--a refurbished factory/warehouse! It was really, really cool! I can't wait to go back when more places are open there!

We so much enjoyed our little break to see the sights and experience new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment