Saturday, March 31, 2012

the world is a book.

i'm pretty positive i got my "wanderlust" (my strong, innate desire to rove and travel about) from my mom. at a young age, my mom and dad were taking me and my sister places to see and do and experience. of course, coming to asia was the will of the Father, but i still have to give credit to my mom who taught me that there is much more to this world and God's creation than little ole atlanta, georgia.

i was really, really excited to have my mom come visit me a couple of weeks ago! she got the full china experience with eating authentic food, riding public transportation, going to language class, buying groceries at the outdoor market, and hanging out with my friends. it meant so much to have her experience the things i do, taste, and see on a daily basis. i'm so thankful to have had the chance to show her the place that will forever be in my heart.

the "old town" in my city

a river boat cruise

the great wall!

i saw this quote the other day, and it reminded me of my bookworm, jet-setting mama! mom, how blessed we are to have "read" so many pages together. 
i can't wait to read the next one this summer!

‎"the world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." (saint augustine)

1 comment: